Re: Is there a standard use of fonts for online help?

Subject: Re: Is there a standard use of fonts for online help?
From: Susan Brown <susan -at- COOKERY -dot- OTTAWA -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 18:14:33 -0400

At 04:47 PM 7/23/98 -0500, Bergen, Jane wrote:
>Yes, Arial and MS Sans are the most common, but Microsoft's new help
>uses Verdana (free from the Microsoft site) and I think I read somewhere
>that they developed this JUST FOR online help. I've started using it in
>all my online because it's a nice, open, extremely readable text, even
>at smaller sizes. You might want to take a look at it.

I hav tried several different fonts, and I certainly like Verdana above
all for on-line use. And yes, this font was commissioned by Microsoft
specially for online use.

Susan Brown
From the Dark Side

"I have no doubt that it is part of the destiny of the human race, in its
gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage
tribes have left off eating each other when they came in contact with each
other."
- Henry David Thoreau