Re: Is there a standard use of fonts for online help?

Subject: Re: Is there a standard use of fonts for online help?
From: Susan Brown <susan -at- COOKERY -dot- OTTAWA -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 18:17:38 -0400

At 06:22 PM 7/23/98 -0400, D. Margulis wrote:

>Be careful with Verdana. Yes it is highly legible and a dandy face all
>around. But do not assume that it is installed on the client PC. While
>it is a free download from MS, most users do not routinely scope our the
>MS website for free fonts to download. Everyone on a Windows PC, though,
>has Arial installed.

True. But the work I have been producing over several years for several
companies, was on-line help for software, and Microsoft allows you to
distribute the fonts freely, as long as you don't change the fonts, so they
were just a part of our installation. Otherwise, it will default to Arial,
which is a reasonable second choice.

Susan Brown
From the Dark Side

"I have no doubt that it is part of the destiny of the human race, in its
gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage
tribes have left off eating each other when they came in contact with each
other."
- Henry David Thoreau