Re: White paper revisions

Subject: Re: White paper revisions
From: Reuven Frank <reuven -at- E-AND-C -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:48:29 +0200

See below answers

----------
From: Joanne Tait
Sent: Tue, 28 Jul.98 17:45 PM
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Subject: White paper revisions

Hi folks,

I've been asked to revise our company's White Papers and I would like to
know how I indicate that:
(a) they have been revised since the original version;

Enclose the revised paragrahs with a 5% grey-shaded background.
(Use Borders and Shading if you are working in Word)

and (b) revisions were not made by the author (ie. how do I get
credit for my part in this).

Include in the Summary information, after the Heading Title of the document:

Title:
Filename:
Date of creation of file:
Approved by:
Edited/Revised by:
Date of latest revision...

Just my opinion, but this has worked for us; so it's "tried and true."

-Reuven Frank
Technical Writer
E&C Mediacal Intelligence
reuven -at- e-and-c -dot- com