Re: Communication, brainstormers needed

Subject: Re: Communication, brainstormers needed
From: Leslie Johnson <leslie -at- MECHLIN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 16:25:36 -0400

I've been a lurker on the list for a long time.

On this particular issue I can provide information from my husband who is in
the process of presenting to investors, hoping to interest them in investing in
a software product he and another friend have developed. So far he has
presented to a group of investors and has interested some of them in a follow
on presentation. He has also reviewed grant proposals for a center that
provides small regional grants. The following are his comments:

Folks seeking investment money should develop presentations that:

1. Concentrate on the Return on the Investment (ROI). Show how the product
solves a problem, i.e., saves money, increases revenue, etc. Show why a
customer would want to buy it.

2. Provide information about the company or potential company, bios of
founders, inventors, etc.

Individual seeking investment money should analyze how to present a specific
product. The same presentation may not suit all products. For instance, if
you are presenting to a number of potential investors at one time, as is
sometimes the case, having more than one presentation may be wise. The first
would create interest by showing how the product would save money, the second
to a smaller group, that has shown interest based on the first presentation,
might go into more depth, providing a demonstration of the product. According
to my husband, he and his friend proposed this strategy when they decided to
present their product.

Hope this helps.

Leslie Johnson