Re: Word 97 and pg. refs. in another doc

Subject: Re: Word 97 and pg. refs. in another doc
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 14:25:00 -0400

Greetings Tom!

> After creating the Includetext field, I get an "Error! Cannot open file"
> message for the field.

If you're sure the path is correct, make sure you don't have the file open
in Word. Word puts a protective whammy on files when you have them open.
Sometimes, even if you close the offending file, the protective whammy is
still active. You have to shut Word down completely before the whammy
disappears. Powerful magic, it is.

Be seeing you,

Dave
--
jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com
Montreal, Quebec

No trees were destroyed in writing this email.
My messages are made from elephant tusks and dolphin meat.

Do not confuse my opinons with my employers'.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.