Text Wrapping around a Graphic

Subject: Text Wrapping around a Graphic
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 16:09:51 -0400

Greetings!

I'd like to know your feelings about the following doodad that I really
*don't* like (not to bias your opinon or anything).

What do you think about instructions that flow around a screen grab that is
right in the middle of the page? Personally, I don't like having my reading
eye bang into a screen grab while I'm trying to read instructions. It breaks
my concentration and my eye tends to roam all over the page.

I'd rather have text on one line, a screen grab by itself on the next line,
and then more text on another line. I find it's easier to read and
understand. What do you think?

I'm updating a document that was written by someone else and that person
used this "text wrap around graphic" do-hickey (pun intended). I have to
redo the screen grabs anyways, but I want to reformat the page layout.
Should I, or am I being too anal about it?
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com
Lone Writer at Farabi Technology Corp.
Montreal, Quebec

4000+ readers? I Am Drunk With Power! <maniacal laughter>