Documentation viewed in browser

Subject: Documentation viewed in browser
From: Andrea Porter <Andrea -at- COYOTESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 14:53:18 -0500

Greetings, all!
I am interested in finding out what tool/s Microsoft (and others) use to
create documentation that is viewed in a browser. A specific example I'm
thinking of is the documentation set that comes with SiteServer 3.0 --
each page of information is a separate HTML page, and the display
consists of 3 frames (the top frame is just a title bar, the left frame
contains the usual tabs for TOC, Index, and Search, and the right frame
contains the info). There are no .chm files on this CD; only 4000+ HTML
and .gif files.

Individuals here want to use this format (though *I* would prefer .pdf
or .chm files, for maintenance reasons alone!), so I'm just doing some
research. TIA for any information you can give me!

Andrea
andrea -at- coyotesoftware -dot- com