Re: Engineering font?

Subject: Re: Engineering font?
From: Kees de Bondt <cbon -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 23:06:46 +0200

On 29-07-1998 18:34 Patty Ewy wrote:

>I'm working on polishing a 40+ page document all about transformers. The
>document includes many mathematical and Greek characters in its formulas.
>
>I'm on a Mac and am using the Garamond font. When I run into a character
>I can't find in that font, I'm using the Symbol fonts ... but there are a
>couple I'm having trouble tracking down. Anybody know of a font that
>includes more of these kinds of characters? Do I need to get a Greek
>font to be sure that I am getting all the Greek characters? What about a
>mathematical font?

MT Extra has some mathematical characters. Possibly Dingbats has also
something useful.
If you need equations and have Clarisworks at hand, you may use a plug-in
called Equation Editor by Design Science (http://www.mathtype.com), which
generates a lot of mathematical equation signs.

Regadrs,
Kees de Bondt

AlQuin
informationflow-improvement
text
document
business communication
total quality

what software developers are now doing is magnificent
but it is not engineering...