Re[2]: Italicize Online Help reference?

Subject: Re[2]: Italicize Online Help reference?
From: David Wollenberger <david_wollenberger -at- WOODLAND-HILLS -dot- STERLING -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 15:49:54 -0800

In online documentation (manuals or help systems), I try to avoid
italics and stick to using colors to emphasize text because italics is
very hard to read online. If you are using green as your hypertext
color, consider another color for emphasis such as purple.

Regarding references to other helps systems, I have never seen such a
thing. If there was way of creating a link to the help system itself,
I would just make it green for links.

David

Subject: Re: Italicize Online Help reference?
Author: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM> at sswhsmtp
Date: 7/31/98 3:19 PM

Normally, you italicize the *title* of a book when you refer to it. Most
online help systems, I think, don't really have titles--or at least people
don't think of them as having titles--so no I don't think there is a
convention to italicize references to online help systems.

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-820-2356
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Writing * WinHelp * Web Sites * Training * Consulting
RoboHELP Certified Trainer * RoboHELP Certified Consultant

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=