Re: Deleting Word 97 Menu Items

Subject: Re: Deleting Word 97 Menu Items
From: David Rapport <dave -at- NETMEDIA -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 11:07:16 +0300

> I've been converting some Word templates from Word 6 to Word 97. The old
> templates had menu items added to run macros. Some of these are no
> longer required and the macros have been deleted. However, the menu
> items remain and I can't make them go away.

To delete a menu item in Word:

1. Press Alt+Ctrl + - (the minus sign).
The cursor changes to a bar.

2. Use the cursor to select the menu item you want to delete.
After selecting it, the item is deleted from the menu.

This can also be used to delete items from the Most Recently Used file list
in the File menu.

I got this information from WordTips, a weekly e-mail newsletter with Word
info. Check out http://www.dcomp.com/WordTips.

Seeing as though some serious Word bashing is going on at the moment, let
me just say that I think it's great.

Regards,

David

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=