Re: Deleting Word 97 Menu Items

Subject: Re: Deleting Word 97 Menu Items
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 21:44:12 -0500

In our previous episode, David Chisma said:

> I've been converting some Word templates from Word 6 to Word 97. The old
> templates had menu items added to run macros. Some of these are no
> longer required and the macros have been deleted. However, the menu
> items remain and I can't make them go away.
>
> Word help seems to be hopelessly involved with adding and removing
> toolbar buttons and ignores menu items. Dragging the items off the menu
> with the Tools ... Customize dialog box active doesn't work. Any
> suggestions?

Dragging the items off the menu with Tools ... Customize should work.
But -- you have to make sure you're customizing the correct toolbar.
What loads automatically is the toolbar for NORMAL.DOT. You need to
use the pull-down menu at the bottom of the Customize dialog box to
change the template to the one you're actually working on.

Beth Friedman How about those Cubs?
bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=