TW Training (Follow-up)

Subject: TW Training (Follow-up)
From: "J. Fraser" <tekwrite -at- ISTAR -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 14:48:39 -0300

My apologies! As a couple people have kindly pointed out, I neglected to
mention in my previuos post, the areas in which the client's writers
need training. Their writers vary from entry-level to intermediate
experience. They've only had TWs on staff for a few years now.

Yes, it's true I need to nail down their exact requirements before I
start. But, from what I've seen and know about them so far, they would
probably want to start with, perhaps, something in one or more of these
areas:

- Developing Documentation Standards and Style Guides
- The writing process
- Edits and Reviews
- Design and organization of documents (hard copy and online)
- Managing the documentation process--I know, Hackos, et al ;-)

In particular, I would like to find resources (online/books/etc.) that
discuss how to develop effective course material. Suggestions for the
technical contents would be helpful too!

Hope this helps! Again, please reply directly to me (tekwrite -at- istar -dot- ca).
Thanks! And thanks to those who responded so far.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=