Re: Proofreading tips

Subject: Re: Proofreading tips
From: Douglas Max <dmax -at- BELLATLANTIC -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 16:03:26 -0400

I'm putting together a short handout on proofreading tips and I'm
wondering if you can help me prepare it. I'll return to the group all I
learn.

What techniques or processes have you found helped you to produce
documents free of errors in grammar, punctuation, and content?

Any special tricks for proofing numbers, product codes, and prices?

To get you started, some of our favorites are to:

* Read it out loud
* Read it backwards
* Use spell checker as a first "screening" (we know not to depend on
it)
* Have others read it

Check back in a week or so for my summary. I'll thank you sincerely for
your contributions then, as I don't believe I can do that "in advance"!

Cordially,

Douglas Max

--

LR Communication Systems, Inc.

Training in business writing and presentation skills. Seminars, distance
learning/correspondence programs with personal feedback. Online options.
Editing services. Founded in 1969.

http://www.LRcom.com

E-mail for business: mail -at- LRcom -dot- com
personal: dmax -at- bellatlantic -dot- net

voice (908) 464-1231
fax (908) 464-1350

139 Dogwood Lane
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922-0264