Re: Dividing the Tech writer job

Subject: Re: Dividing the Tech writer job
From: GM Vick <gmv -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:46:50 -0700

> It may be that you're the exception. I've got to say, I've known a lot of
> admin/clerical workers in my time who were great typists and able to get
> around reasonably well in several software packages, but couldn't write a
> sentence to save their life.

>>>Oh, but some of us COULD!

I have no doubt that there are admin/clerical types who can write. If I
came across as saying that the first necessarily says the second can't
exist, I apologize. But again, the clerical workers have to WANT to learn
the new skills.

Dirty little secret, I put myself through a BA and a Master's as a legal
secretary. There were lots of secretaries there who wanted to be
secretaries. There is nothing wrong with that. But if you take a happy
typist and try to force new responsibilities on them, you're headed for
trouble.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=