Re: Types of TWs

Subject: Re: Types of TWs
From: Lisa Meng <ELMENG -at- TEEXNET -dot- TAMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 13:50:39 -0500

Okay, you're not alone. I design and produce multimedia training
materials that are used to teach technicians in various industries about
science and engineering. My job title is "Technical Writer", but, while I do
a lot of technical writing, I suppose I could also be called a "Multimedia
Developer" or an "Instructional Designer". I like reading many of the
software writer's posts because they give me an idea of how broad and
diverse this field really is. However, sometimes I feel that few people on
this list are interested in anything I could contribute, so I lurk. But, just for
the record, all of you "other types of writers" have some company. - LM

>>> Nancy Hitchcox <nancy -dot- hitchcox -at- GA -dot- COM> 08/11/98 12:51pm >>>

There must be plenty more people like Marie and I who do techical and
scientific reports, proposals and marketing materials. Maybe, like Marie,
they've been lurking. Come out of hiding, folks. How many more are there
who are not software writers? Come forth! Tell Marie and I we're not
alone.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=