QUESTION: Documentation standards in Italy

Subject: QUESTION: Documentation standards in Italy
From: SPS <106464 -dot- 3325 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 03:17:47 -0400

Good Morning techwriters.

I am preparing the operation manual for a hydraulic press sold to Italy. My
question now is if the are any special national standards for operation
manuals in Italy. What I mean are standards concerning the content of OMs,
standards for safety signs and safety advices or for OMs in general. I know
the Europe-wide regulations and standards (as EU-regulation "Safety of
machines" and "EN 292"). But I also know that we have special standards for
OMs here in Germany. So this may also be the case in Italy.
So if you know of any, please give me that information.

Please answer directly to me because I am on digest. You can answer either
106464 -dot- 3325 -at- compuserve -dot- com or to
a -dot- ternes -at- sps-pressen -dot- de

TIA

Andreas Ternes
Siempelkamp Pressen Systeme
Krefeld/Germany