Re: Conceit, or,How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Competition

Subject: Re: Conceit, or,How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Competition
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:54:29 -0800

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 16:32:09 +0300, Rebecca P. Rachmany wrote:

>As for the reputation of the profession as a whole, that doesn't concern me
>either. Let's face it: the average lifespan of most of the books we've
>written is less than six months. We aren't talking here about preserving
>our cultural heritage.

Let's face it: for a significant portion of the population, the
documentation is something you turn to after all else fails (and smoke
is pouring out of the product...). I've as often as not seen the docs
relagated directly to the Blue Box (okay, I admit, I've as often as not
sent them there straight out of the box myself).

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious
If you say it loud enough you'll always sound precocious
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!"
- Mary Poppins, et al.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=