tech writing for liberal artists

Subject: tech writing for liberal artists
From: "Weissman, Jessica" <WeissmanJ -at- ABACUSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:44:20 -0400

In my view, technical writing is one of the few things ideally suited to
true liberal artists (with analytical and problem-solving skills along with
a general education). All the things you're talking about except the
writing skills are a species of analysis combined with some people skills.
This doesn't mean that anyone can do it, but it does mean that those lovely
general transferable liberal arts skills are well put to use in tech
writing.

When computers were new, large companies looked for systems analysts and
programmers among liberal arts graduates as well as among mathematicians.
It worked out pretty well.

Jessica Weissman
proud graduate of St. John's in Annapolis (hotbed of the liberal arts)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=