Re: JOB POSTING: Senior TW (staff), QA/Word 97; Santa Monica, CA

Subject: Re: JOB POSTING: Senior TW (staff), QA/Word 97; Santa Monica, CA
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 09:59:40 -0400

Greetings!

> This person should have the following qualifications:
[snip]
> 1. Persistence and creativity in obtaining essential information from busy
> colleagues
> 2. Grace under pressure
> 3. Tact

Did the last technical writer (Goddess rest his soul) not have these? If
this is an indication of what the working environment is going to be like,
I'm afraid. Very afraid.

Possible translation of qualifications:

1. Really means: The developers don't have time (or desire) to talk to the
writer.
2. Really means: The deadlines are impossible without alien technology.
3. Really means: No matter how badly you are treated, don't talk back. In
fact, you should thank them for their harshness. It builds character.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com
Lone "Documentation Boy" at Farabi Technology Corp.
Montreal, Quebec

4000+ readers? I Am Drunk With Power! <maniacal laughter>
---

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=