Re: Help! Need an ergonomic mouse

Subject: Re: Help! Need an ergonomic mouse
From: Ann Mackenzie <TekDocWis -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 15:17:24 EDT

Hi Rowena & all w/hand, wrist, elbow & shoulder problems -

Tendonitis, usually associated with a lot of mouse work, feels like tennis
elbow or bursitis and can masquerade as carpel tunnel syndrome too. I learned
about it several years ago, took action, and have been relatively free of pain
since.

Not knowing how to cope, I ended up at the sports injury clinic attached to my
health & exercise club where I was fortunate to meet a physical therapist who
know how to diagnose the cause of the pain, how to treat it, and how to get
the treatment covered by my health insurance. Treatments *and ongoing
exercises* helped, but I was faced with the fact that our profession uses
keyboards and mice in our work, so I was going right back the cause of the
problem.

A rollerball mouse, Logitech Trackman, reduces many actions to their essence.
I particularly like using a trackball because of its responsiveness to a light
touch, and the fact that it fits into, and supports, my palm.

A keyboard platform, with an attached mouse platform that moves to the right
or left of the keyboard platform, made by Weber Knapp, allows me to use my
mouse with either my left or right hand, really cutting down on repetitive
motion problems. http://www.besthdw.com/workstation/workstation.htm is the
only site I could find drawings, specs & order info.

Hope this helps Ann

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=