Subject: Summary: Deleting Word 97 Menu Items
From: David Chisma <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 22:05:59 +1000

Dear Techwhlers,

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question (see below) about Word
templates.

I found a solution to added menu items that refused to go away. With the
Customize Tools dialog box open, I could drop the menu and right click
on an item. Then I could select 'delete'. That wouldn't work: if I
closed the template and re-opened it, the menu item would be back.

However, I found that if I went through the process a second time and
renamed the item, it would usually be gone the next time I opened the
template. MS Weird!

Thanks, Dave Chisma

David Chisma wrote:

> Dear Techwhlers,
>
> I've been converting some Word templates from Word 6 to Word 97. The
> old
> templates had menu items added to run macros. Some of these are no
> longer required and the macros have been deleted. However, the menu
> items remain and I can't make them go away.
>
> Word help seems to be hopelessly involved with adding and removing
> toolbar buttons and ignores menu items. Dragging the items off the
> menu
> with the Tools ... Customize dialog box active doesn't work. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Dave Chisma
> chisma -at- c031 -dot- aone -dot- net -dot- au

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=