Re: Website readability--blue text

Subject: Re: Website readability--blue text
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 14:05:39 -0700

Well, I'm not exactly sure what happened to this thread, but the blue text
readability issue refers to *extended* blocks of text, not hyperlinks.

Also--to bring this thread back from Rantland--to the thread originator, two
things seem pretty clear:

1. Web designers should not place unreasonable expectations on their users
(i.e., expect them to adjust their settings to view your priceless page).

2. Web designers should be aware that users do adjust their settings to
their own preferences or needs, and overriding these preferences can really
irritate the user.

Personally, while I have seen many that use Shockwave, et al, I've never
seen a page that tells me to change my browser settings.

Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems (ATS)
Bremerton, Washington