Re: Mouseless Internetting yet again...

Subject: Re: Mouseless Internetting yet again...
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 13:26:21 -0800

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 16:18:03 -0400, Lisa Comeau wrote:

>Mostly what I would like to know is how to go about jumping to links that you *couldn't* TAB to, even if TAB worked. Things like when you go into Hotmail, and you end up on a linked site that's framed, and in the top frame it says "Hotmail", and the only way to get back to Hotmail would be by clicking on the Hotmail logo, which, in all my keyboarding through the Web experience, I haven't been able to do...

I dunno about IE, but Netscape since at least V3 has had a "Links" menu
that should allow you to access any links on the page, whether hidden
behind text or images. I don't know how it would work with image
maps...

In any case, the menu bar of any program should be available by hitting
"Alt" by itself, and using the arrow keys and/or "marked" keys (the
underlined letter in the menu-item name) to navigate it.

One other option: take a look at Lynx, a text-based browser. Since
it's designed for a VIO interface (such as a telnet shell), it's
designed specifically to handle keyboard-based surfing. The latest
versions even deal with image maps.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

It is impossible to rightly govern the world
without God and the Bible.
- George Washington

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=