Re: This Angers Me: Challenging and oppressive SME situation

Subject: Re: This Angers Me: Challenging and oppressive SME situation
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:06:00 -0700

But we're not acting as judge or jury, here. We're trying to give
feedback to the individual who posted it. This individual obviously feels
that she put things out there accurately, and we need to take her at her
word. It's up to *her* to determine if she deceived us in some way, and
temper our advice accordingly. If we're to find out all sides of
something before posting suggestions, then we wouldn't have any
suggestions. Considering the forum, I feel that the advice has been quite
appropriate.

Besides, more than one person pointed out that there was probably *at
least* 5% of the blame that rested on this individual's side of the fence.

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Linda K. Sherman wrote:

> I am really angered by the overall response to this posting.
>
> On the basis of an ANONYMOUS poster's OBVIOUSLY one-sided, self-serving,
> and self-flattering account, there has been a stampede to condemn the
> faceless SME without benefit of hearing her side of the story. All of
> you would be livid if someone did that to you, but apparently it's okay
> if you do it to someone else.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=