Re: examples

Subject: Re: examples
From: Robin Allen <rmallen -at- TEXAS -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:55:11 -0500

Margaret Moody wrote:

> Lisa, be wary of using humorous names for your examples, even in your
> drafts.

I second the motion to be careful of using humourous names in examples and
especially in drafts. I had a contract with a company that developed software
for the mental health industry. The patient name of "Andy Abnormal" was in some
screen captures (captured by someone else) that were included in marketing
material.

When I have to use examples, or put in dummy data for screen captures, I use my
sister and her three kids. (Except for the mental health patient examples.)

Robin Allen

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=