Re: Texts and Courses on Grammar for Technical Communicators

Subject: Re: Texts and Courses on Grammar for Technical Communicators
From: Tom Herme <hermet -at- DNINEVADA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:48:03 -0700

And to add to George...

I learned more English grammar by learning and using a second (that is,
foreign) language, such as German, than I did in any English class. And I was
an English major too! Another benefit of learning another language is that one
begins to look at the world differently because of that language's unique way
that it describes the world. I've found this to be helpful when I am writing
for users who have to read how to use our products. It doesn't solve all
problems, by far, but it does build some sensitivity.

For what it's worth....

Tom Herme

--
Tom Herme