Screen shots

Subject: Screen shots
From: Tom Hinds <THinds -at- TIMESLIPS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 23:14:55 -0400

Hi all,

For years I have used PageMaker to lay out manuals.
When including screen shots, I have always captured the image with Paint
Shop Pro, reduced the image to 16 colors, and saved it in .tif format.

Our upcoming releases use many 256-color images that will look awful in 16
colors.
These documents will eventually become .pdf files.
What problems can I expect when I use 256-color graphics in my PageMaker
documents?
I am hoping the answer is:
"Tom, you silly monkey, although the graphics have more colors in them,
nothing with the process will change.
Everything should work in the trouble-free manner that it always has."

Thanks,
(In no way is this message meant to insult monkeys.)

Tom Hinds
Sage U.S. Inc.
http://www.sageus.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=