flowcharting sw

Subject: flowcharting sw
From: Luigi_Benetton -at- MARKHAM -dot- LONGVIEW -dot- CA
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 14:19:38 -0400

Chris, I highly recommend Visio since it's easy to use and quite powerful.
It may be overkill in your situation, but it will work well and you can use
it for other kinds of illustrations as well should the need arise.

My one caveat is that FrameMaker doesn't recognize Visio documents when I
try to import them. My workaround is to save the Visio document as a bitmap
(using default settings) and import the bitmap into Frame.

I may be wrong about this importing issue. If I am, I'd like to here an
alternate solution for FrameMaker 5.5.1

Good luck,

Luigi Benetton

---------------------- Forwarded by Luigi Benetton/Admin/Longview Solutions
Inc. on 31/08/98 02:08 PM ---------------------------

Okay, folks - I need to purchase flowcharting software and am wondering
what the best tool is these days. I've got Word 97, FM 5.5, and Corel 8,
but they don't do flowcharting very well. Our engineers use Visio, but I
don't want to have to buy another big graphics package just to do
flowcharting. I do need something that I can import into FM. Anyone got
any recommedations?

TIA -

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Senior Technical Writer
Home Wireless Networks, Inc.
mailto:cwhutchings -at- homewireless -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=