Re: WebWorks Publisher woes

Subject: Re: WebWorks Publisher woes
From: Daniel Barnett <Daniel -dot- Barnett -at- WEST -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 08:08:57 -0700

> From: Mary McWilliams Johnson <mary -at- SUPERCONNECT -dot- COM>
> Subject: Re: WebWorks Publisher woes
>
> FrameMaker 5.5 comes with a built-in HTML converter, HotTamale, which I am
> told works much better than WebWorks Publisher. It also comes with the full
> Acrobat suite.=20

Just a clarification:

The Acrobat "suite" includes Distiller, Writer, Exchange,
Reader, and Catalog (I may be leaving something out here).
FM 5.5 includes only the Writer plugin. You can set up
the Acrobat data (which FM tags will become links), and
you can "print" a PDF file; however, you need Exchange
to manipulate the PDF file. I wish FM did come with the
entire suite; sadly, it doesn't. (Adobe wouldn't be able
to sell us FM owners a $200 product if FM included the
entire suite;^)

From the FM 5.5.3 manual: "You can convert a FrameMaker
document or book file to an Adobe Acrobat document,
distribute it in that form, and use Acrobat Exchange or
Acrobat Reader to view it." (27-36)

danb

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=