Re: WebWorks Publisher limitations; the state of Frame Help

Subject: Re: WebWorks Publisher limitations; the state of Frame Help
From: Sarah O'Keefe <okeefe -at- SCRIPTORIUM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 18:03:48 -0400

I'll chime in to second Craig's comments.

>> I've used the demo of v4.0. The templates are, well, lame. Unless I
>> ensure each topic is no longer than one screen long, the navigation
>> buttons disappear. Compare the result to the help in your Netscape
>> browser (NetHelp) and you'll see fixed navigation buttons, as well as a
>> searchable index (not a separate "index" topic).
>
>Again, what are you are looking for can be done, but it involves a bit of
>programming, and also may mean you have to restrict your users to a given
>browser.
>This is, unfortunately, due to browser idiosyncrasies, rather than Publisher.

In my experience, you can make Publisher do almost anything--given enough time.

Designing Publisher conversions templates is quite similar to designing
FrameMaker templates...it requires a thorough understanding of how the
products work (both FM and Publisher) and it requires quite a bit of
imagination. Occasionally, it requires reworking the structure of your
source FM files. (If the structure isn't there in the FM files, there's
nothing for Publisher to interpret.)

Regards,

Sarah O'Keefe

Sarah O'Keefe Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
FrameMaker ACE (Adobe Certified Expert)
okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com http://www.scriptorium.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=