JOB: Tech. Writer/Editor (FT). FT. RTP, NC, US

Subject: JOB: Tech. Writer/Editor (FT). FT. RTP, NC, US
From: Sarah O'Keefe <okeefe -at- SCRIPTORIUM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 07:33:42 -0400

(cross-posted to techwr-l and framers)

Technical Writer & Editor

Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc., provides technical documentation
services to high-tech companies. We need a technical writer/editor to join
our team. As part of Scriptorium Publishing, you will provide writing,
editing, and other publishing services to our clients, including some of
the most exciting, cutting-edge technology firms in the Triangle and across
the country. Our employees are self-motivated, work independently, and are
very, very good at their jobs. If you are an outstanding writer and editor,
who learns quickly and loves new challenges, we want to hear from you.

We will consider both 30-hour and 40-hour work weeks for this position.
This is a staff position; if you prefer a subcontracting arrangement,
please send a note to contracts -at- scriptorium -dot- com and describe your
experience, availability, and rates.

Benefits: Although we are a small business, we offer an impressive array of
benefits. These include bonuses, health and life insurance, flexible
working hours, paid vacation and holidays, and a retirement plan.

For more information about Scriptorium Publishing, see our web site at
http://www.scriptorium.com.

Requirements:

* Outstanding technical writing and editing skills, including production
editing
* Experience writing and editing documentation for complicated software and
hardware products
* Experience writing and editing for various media, such as print, online
help, PDF, and WWW
* A minimum of three years experience as a technical writer or editor
(experience in each is strongly preferred)
* The ability to juggle multiple projects at once
* The ability to learn new technology with minimal guidance
* At least intermediate knowledge of FrameMaker
* The ability to work productively as part of a team without direct supervision
* Experience using Internet protocols (email, ftp, WWW)
* The ability to meet deadlines
* The ability to work with a wide variety of people and interact
professionally with clients
* An excellent attitude and a sense of humor
* Available for some travel

Pluses:
* Technical illustration skills
* Adobe Certified Expert in FrameMaker
* Experience with RoboHelp and Adobe Acrobat
* Book and graphic design skills
* Technical training experience

To apply, please send your resume in either ASCII (text) or Adobe Acrobat
format to careers -at- scriptorium -dot- com -dot- If you have a web-based resume, feel
free to submit the URL. Word documents will not be accepted. Please
indicate whether you are interested in a 30-hour or 40-hour week and why
you are interested in Scriptorium Publishing.

Sarah O'Keefe Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
FrameMaker ACE (Adobe Certified Expert)
okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com http://www.scriptorium.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=