Workshop/Seminar Material

Subject: Workshop/Seminar Material
From: Guru <guru -at- BOM5 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 10:43:58 +0530

Hello all,

We keep reading announcements of seminars and workshops which take mostly in
North America. In most cases "Proceedings" or Course Material are also
priced separately (the STC Conference Proceedings are a boon I must say) for
those who wish to buy multiple copies or for those who miss the
seminar/workshop. I think this is an excellent way to spread knowledge.

While attending the workshop/seminar is the ideal way to learn, due to
various reasons (time, geography and economics for example) everyone will
not be able to attend. This is my appeal to all organizers to try to make
the "proceedings" available for a price (internationally). Also, to make it
a part of the tasks for the seminar/workshop. Even the handouts could be
priced (say nomial cost plust cost of mailing).

Similarly, there are several chapters and organizations which meet
regularly. If they put up the details of the talks on the web, it will be
accessible to all. We try to do so for our TWIN (Technical Writers of India)
Chapter meetings -- though not very successfully. The TWIN pages welcomes
material for publication for spreading technical writing education in India
and abroad. It could be a speech which you gave or a cogent post which you
made to a list. Due credit (including linkage) is always provided.

Best wishes.

Guru
guru -at- bom5 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in /ICQ: 17019072
Member, STC
TWIN pages at http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath
Annual Conference details at http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath/annual.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=