Page Ranges in an Index - SUMMARY

Subject: Page Ranges in an Index - SUMMARY
From: "Stephen D. Murphy" <sdmurphy -at- SHEPARD-PATTERSON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 07:50:02 -0400

Well, not really a summary, just a consensus.

The overwhelming majority of replies to my original post suggest using
the word "to" for separating hyphenated entries in an index, e.g., "4-1
to 4-3"

My original thought was that this would be "awkward and dumb-looking,"
but I tried it and it looks fine. Now I realize how tactless my comment
was -- but I was only looking critically at my OWN work. Thanks,
everyone, for not being offended. You were right all along.

Special thanks to Dick Margulis for his particularly technical and
complete analysis!

-Steve

Steve Murphy
Senior Technical Writer, Shepard-Patterson & Associates
2001 Jefferson Davis Highway, Suite 209
Arlington, Virginia
Voice: (703) 412-5072 Fax: (703) 412-5078
sdmurphy -at- shepard-patterson -dot- com
http://www.shepard-patterson.com
Adobe Certified Expert - FrameMaker, Acrobat
murphus -at- idsonline -dot- com
http://www.murphus.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=