Re: format html for book from web browser print selection?

Subject: Re: format html for book from web browser print selection?
From: Craig Sanders <csanders -at- BEST -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:17:39 -0700

Hello, Lenore!

You might want to have a look at using FrameMaker to single-source your docs. I
regularly do this, writing the "print" version along with the "online" version.
Both versions are essentially identical, except for some simple phrasing
changes, such as cross-references ("Click here to go to" as opposed to "See
page xxx for more information about . . . "). I get around this by writing the
cross reference twice, using two different styles, then separate the two using
conditional text tags in Frame.

I convert to whatever online format I need (HTML, HTMLHelp, WinHelp, JavaHelp,
OracleHelp) using WebWorks Publisher from Quadralay. I have used this product
for the last three years and can honestly say it is the most robust and
powerful tool of its class available today.

Have a look at www.quadralay.com for more info if you wish.

Hope this helps,
Craig Sanders

--