Re: Writing for absolute beginners

Subject: Re: Writing for absolute beginners
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:00:21 -0400

> From: Bianca Thomas [mailto:bmt -at- icon -dot- co -dot- za]
> ...editor says I assume too much knowledge on the part of the
> readers and I must simplify more. I am finding this really
> hard and am wondering whether any of you have similar problems? How do
> you deal with them? It is a real struggle for me.

I imagine explaining it to one of my children.
And sometimes, I actually DO explain it to one of my children.

Then I write down what I said or imagined I said, and rework it to fit the
style and format of the publication.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=