Re: TASKS, was, ".... Tests"

Subject: Re: TASKS, was, ".... Tests"
From: Linda Sherman <linsherm -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 16:45:54 -0400

Bernie McCann wrote:

> Linda;
>
> I was very pleased to see your comment about technical writers being asked to
> take tests in technical illustration, and I agree with you...

I'm getting worried now. Usually NOBODY agrees with me on this list! :-)

Anyway, after I posted my original response, I thought of a couple more
points:

(1) Just because I can't create decent illustration doesn't mean I can't
recognize it when I see it...despite the millenia-old lament of bad
artists that critics don't know anything.

(2) I didn't mean to imply that writing and illustration are mutually
exclusive abilities. Someone might well be excellent at both, and if
that helps them get a job I can't get, more power to them.
I'm inclined to believe, however, that the more things you try to be
good at, the less likely you are to be good at any of them.

L.
--
Linda K. Sherman <linsherm -at- gte -dot- net>
Freelance Writer: Technical - Business - Government

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=