Re: System Documentation

Subject: Re: System Documentation
From: Linda Sherman <linsherm -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:29:08 -0400

Bruce McCowan wrote:

> I am hoping for some opinions on what constitutes good system documentation
> for a Windows application.

I started typing an answer, then realized I wasn't quite sure where you
are coming from. If you could answer the following, I might be able to
help a little:

Are you documenting an API or an application?

If it's for an API, are you documenting it for developers who will write
code that calls API functions, or are you documenting it for programmers
who will be maintaining the internal code of the API itself?

L.
--
Linda K. Sherman <linsherm -at- gte -dot- net>
Freelance Writer: Technical - Business - Government

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=