Re: Humor in Technical Documents

Subject: Re: Humor in Technical Documents
From: Tom Campbell <tomcampbell -at- EUDORAMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:17:18 -0700

Believe it or not, PROGRAMMING PERL by Larry Wall, Tom Christiansen and Randal L. Schwartz (O'Reilly Books) contains some good humorous writing. I mean, it's not Dave Barry, but for a computer book, it's very humorous. And the thing I really like about it is that the humor is *organic*--that is, it's not just an occasional joke thrown in. The writing is informative and amusing at the same time. That is quite a feat.

By the way, LEARNING PERL by Randal Schwartz is also chock full of chuckles for the pocket-protector set.

---
Tom Campbell
tomcampbell -at- EUDORAMAIL -dot- COM
"It's as large as life