Re: "Technical writer" in other languages

Subject: Re: "Technical writer" in other languages
From: Paul Branchaud <paul -at- ZKS -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:28:21 -0400

I missed the beginning of this thread. Can't say I have ever heard the term
"Ecrivain Technique"; it sounds a little clumsy to me. I recently worked for
a French-language company (doing the English documentation) and my official
title was "Rédacteur Technique / Technical Writer" (it was a bilingual
business card). Rédacteur is actually French for editor, but it's part of
our job, isn't it?

Cheers!

Paul
Paul "RTFM Guy" Branchaud (paul -at- zks -dot- net)
Lead Technical Writer, Zero-Knowledge Systems, Inc.

"Listening to the voice of reason is usually a good idea. Unless it's
the cleverly disguised voice of stupidity."
-- Michael Hayward