Re: An Idea: An International Directory of Technical Terms

Subject: Re: An Idea: An International Directory of Technical Terms
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 08:27:28 -0600

At 08:04 AM 10/1/98 +0930, McMARTIN, Robert wrote:

<snip>

>Each country and industry has a number of different buzz words, jargon,
>or terms specific to the industry. This directory could accumulate the
>terms specifc to each industry, and possibly each country. Just because
>we share a common language, doesn't mean we call every item the same.
>
>While Wayne Douglass, says that Murky$loth have their own glossaries,
>thats okay, but they are just glossaries not every glossary has words
>that we as Tech Writers
>need.
>
>The list could be structured in the following manner:

<snip>

>So what say you Eric, got room on your server for a directory.

Deborah reports that there's plenty of space, as long as someone else
puts it together. She will be happy to post it to the site.

Eric

Eric J. Ray TECHWR-L Listowner
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com http://www.raycomm.com/

Syndicated columnist: Rays on Computing
Technology Department Editor, _Technical Communication_
Co-author of _Unix Visual Quickstart Guide_, _Mastering HTML 4_,
_Dummies 101: HTML 4_, _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, others.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=