Acrobat/Demoshield

Subject: Acrobat/Demoshield
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 09:55:30 +0100

A question for all the adobe gurus out there!

Background
I'm currently creating a front end for a CD using Demoshield - basically
consists of a Welcome screen then, a step down, individual language
screens. Each of these provides jumps to documentation, install software,
tutorial etc.

Problem
Only done a rough outline so far to test things out and it works fine until
I try to launch the pdf docs. Application launches OK but generates an
error - "There was an error opening this document. An internal error
occurred." I can open the file manually from the app once it has launched
- just doesn't open automatically.

I've tried it with Word and a word doc opens fine so I assume it's a
problem with Acrobat. However, Demoshield's demo opens pdf docs OK! Does
anyone know of any problem with Acrobat? Problems with relative path
names? Long file names? Anything else?? All suggestions welcome.

TIA

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International