Re: Acrobat/Demoshield

Subject: Re: Acrobat/Demoshield
From: David Chisma <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 21:35:15 +1000

Dave Chisma wrote:

This sounds like the kind of problem you get when you try to open a
Acrobat version 3.0 file with an older version of Acrobat Reader. Some
PDF files could be version 2.1 or multi-version, and others could be
version 3.0 only.

I produce files that are only version 3.0 compatible because the
upgraded reader doesn't cost anything.

Cheers, Dave Chisma
Melbourne, Australia

Damien Braniff wrote:

> A question for all the adobe gurus out there!
>
> Background
> I'm currently creating a front end for a CD using Demoshield -
> basically
> consists of a Welcome screen then, a step down, individual language
> screens. Each of these provides jumps to documentation, install
> software,
> tutorial etc.
>
> Problem
> Only done a rough outline so far to test things out and it works fine
> until
> I try to launch the pdf docs. Application launches OK but generates
> an
> error - "There was an error opening this document. An internal error
> occurred." I can open the file manually from the app once it has
> launched
> - just doesn't open automatically.
>
> I've tried it with Word and a word doc opens fine so I assume it's a
> problem with Acrobat. However, Demoshield's demo opens pdf docs OK!
> Does
> anyone know of any problem with Acrobat? Problems with relative path
> names? Long file names? Anything else?? All suggestions welcome.
>
> TIA
>
> Damien Braniff
> Technical Author
> PAC International