Tech Doc Class Guidelines

Subject: Tech Doc Class Guidelines
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- SIMPLYWRITTEN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 15:53:44 -0500

I've been asked to set up a short class through a local university's
continuing studies (non-credit) division. The class is Introduction to
Technical Communication, and we're envisioning it as a quick overview for
aspiring practitioners and for those thinking of hiring tech doc employees
or contractors. It would run through the basic stuff, like examples of what
we do, some basic theory of layout, content, and structure, and so on. It
won't turn anybody into a tech comm'er. It's strictly high-level. We're
probably going to be limited to around 10 class hours in two or three
sessions, or perhaps seven hours in one day.

There's little promotion for the class, mostly just the distribution of the
catalog.

This is a new venture for both of us. If anybody's set up or run such a
class, what did you find pulled the best? What topics, times, and prices?

Tim Altom
Adobe Certified Expert, Acrobat
Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882
http://www.simplywritten.com
Creators of the Clustar Method for task-based documentation

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=