Re: overused phrases/words

Subject: Re: overused phrases/words
From: howard <pencil -at- WAVENET -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:13:36 +0100

I'd love to say I haven't seen it in ages, but I keep running across it in
the oddest of places:

"Congratulations on selecting the [catalogue number], it is a [list of
superlatives] which will give you, the owner [list of superlatives]..."

etc. Even when I was 10 it didn't make sense. I don't expect anyone still
uses this construction, but, I still keep running into it.

howard

--
*theabovemessagedoesnotnecessaril
managAr parChonmorliez? SilateezntelizSane...readRlips - deliriupS

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=