Re: Question: When to use Select or Choose?

Subject: Re: Question: When to use Select or Choose?
From: Toni Williams TPG/SG <towilliams -at- PROCYONGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:53:49 -0700

This is what I was taught many years ago:

Select is synonymous with highlighting and is preparatory to initiating
an action.

Choose is to actually initiate an action.

For example:

Select the option from the menu.

Choose the ACCEPT button.

Just my $.02

Toni

P.S. The MS Manual of Style states that choose and select should not be
used for actions performed using the mouse but rather click and
double-click should be used instead.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=