Re: re overused phrases/words

Subject: Re: re overused phrases/words
From: Toni Williams TPG/SG <towilliams -at- PROCYONGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:12:05 -0700

Not to take up too much space or time with this but I have learned this
distinction between use and utilize:

The verb utilize is used <g> when the object is not being employed as
intended. For instance, utilize a spoon as a shovel but use a spoon to
eat soup.

Just my $.02.

Toni

<snip> As another example of long words, just about any use of
> the word "utilize" is like hearing fingernails on the blackboard to
> me. I say "use" instead.
<snip>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=