Q.: A replacement for "implementation"

Subject: Q.: A replacement for "implementation"
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:36:35 -0700

This is related to my question last Friday about overused words
and phrases. Managers and software developers at Intrinsyc
really, really like the word "implementation," and the result is a
pock-like rash of "implementation"s appearing in every context
imagineable.

I've tried removing it, but edits always come back with "implemen-
tation" back in the text. So, I'd like to make one more rally and
suggest another word.

How would you rewrite "...the current implementation of DCOM
has certain limitations..." ?

I think they're thinking of "version" or "release," but these word
substitutions have been rejected, along with "Currently, DCOM
has a number of limitations that affect..."

Thanks in advance for you help,

Rowena
rhart -at- intrinsyc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=