Re: Clarity (was re: overused phrases/words)

Subject: Re: Clarity (was re: overused phrases/words)
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 10:56:15 -0700

Geoff Brown said:

>"To keep this discussion from turning into a dump for pet peeves, what are
some of the best methods you (techwhirlers) use to keep your
writing tight and concise?"<

I discovered a wonderful method last night for writing concisely:

1. Spend 4 hours writing an article that must be emailed that night.
2. At 11:30 pm attempt to mail completed article, make your system freeze
up, and realize you'd never saved your work.
3. Reboot and start over, keeping in mind that your alarm is set for
6:30am.

Seriously--the second version (which took about 2 hours) was probably much
more concise and better overall, and only partly because I do my best work
after midnight. Its all about rewriting.

Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems (ATS)
Bremerton, Washington