Re: Clarity (was re: overused phrases/words)

Subject: Re: Clarity (was re: overused phrases/words)
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:04:57 -0700

Sorry Geoff--I guess these are Jane Bergen's questions.

Re "And does anyone find that technical writing makes his/her other
writing better? worse? more difficult?"

After nearly three years of full time tech writing as well as novel writing
on the side, I can say that I think I'm more skilled as a writer, but less
able to be more creative in my prose. I find it much harder to suggest an
idea, I keep wanting to be more straightforward. I also find it harder to
sit down a just write, which was rarely a problem before. With non-fiction
articles, though, I've gotten better.

Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems (ATS)