intellectual contracts summary

Subject: intellectual contracts summary
From: Karen Lunsford <klunsfor -at- UIUC -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 15:38:23 -0500

Dear all,
Just a note of thanks to the many people who contacted me both on- and
off-list regarding my query about intellectual property contracts. I
appreciate the personal stories you sent me of your own negotiation policies
and practices, and I am grateful for the citations for further research.
Since
I received requests for a summary of those citations, I thought I would post
them here. The main keywords to search for in research databases seem to be
non-compete clauses, non-disclosure clauses, respect for confidentiality,
copyright, sole ownership, work for hire, patents and royalties. Other
resources include an online column from the _San Francisco Chronicle_ called
"Workways" by Ilana DeBare (sfgate.com) and a chapter in Barnum and Carliner's
_Techniques for Technical Communicators_ (Allyn and Bacon 1993) entitled
"Protecting Your Work--Professional Ethics and the Copyright Law" by
Jacquelyn
L. Monday and Mary C. Hester.

Many thanks again,
Karen Lunsford
klunsfor -at- uiuc -dot- edu
U of Illinois, Center for Writing Studies, grad. program

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=